Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Are there any restrictions on the name that I may use for my CPA firm?

Yes, there are several factors that can impact the CPA firm name. See Firm Guidelines for additional details.

Q: When is it necessary for a foreign CPA firm to register with the NBPA?

Whenever a CPA plans to do public accounting work in the State of Nebraska, he or she must license their CPA firm in Nebraska with the Board and register with the Nebraska Secretary of State. They must also notify the Board of the active CPA in charge of business in Nebraska.